New Buckenham Players' pre-Christmas show was Cinderella, December 2022. The first production since the pandemic, it attracted good audiences and much appreciation.
NODA review of Dick Whittington
Director Clive Rush promised us a traditional pantomime and with music from Billy Hoody Brown and choreography from Meryl Anderson, this is what we all enjoyed.
- Excellent sets full of colour and atmosphere and the wardrobe team kept the colour theme lively
- Delightful young Fairy Bow Bells Butterfly with good projection and diction, King Rat everything fearful and evil
- lovely youngsters recruited
- Emma Frith everything needed in a principal boy as Dick, well matched by the very pretty Alice from Cora St John Cooper, a delightful pair
- Puss played by Olivia McLeod, with a knowing smile ,completed this excellent trio of youngsters
- Experience showed from Jimmy Casson as Alderman in charge, Sam Jones as the useless Idle Jack, and Roger Turner in great spirits as Captain Cod, supported by his side kick Bosun Chips by Susie Clark
- As expected the life and soul of this extravaganza in full war paint and pushing every line to the utmost, Louise Casson once again stole every eye when on stage as Sarah, the cook
- A good traditional evening at the pantomime with the whole company giving us their enthusiasm, from the young dancers to older chorus, at full pelt and energy